Bag Bans are one of the latest Eco-Fads being pushed by the “green” movement and virtually all “environmental” groups as a solution to the plastic bag litter problem. These groups put enormous pressure on city officials to implement a plastic bag ban and paper bag fees on their citizens. These groups attempt to link virtually every environmental problem to the simple plastic grocery bag, defying logic and misleading government officials, the media, and the public by continuously repeating a series of lies, distortions, and half-truths that do not hold up under scientific scrutiny.
There is a saying that if you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth. This is often the strategy of the bag ban proponents. And the internet has afforded thousands of people eager to ban bags the ability to repeat the same lies and distortions over and over until people just accept them as fact.
In this article we examine a majority of the most often quoted and repeated lies and distortions related to plastic bags and bag bans.
Click on the following link to read or download the article: The Lies Myths Half Truths and Exaggerations of Bag Ban Proponents.
- Plastic Bag Low Recycling Rate Non-Issue! (fighttheplasticbagban.com)
- Statewide Bag Ban Would Cost Residents More Than $1 Billion! (fighttheplasticbagban.com)
- Dallas City Leaders Hear From Plastic Bag Ban Opponents (dfw.cbslocal.com)
- Ventura City Council Approves preparation of Single-Use Carryout Bag Ordinance (fighttheplasticbagban.com)
- Paper or…paper? Plastic bag bans spread in Oregon (watchdog.org)
- Bag it: Durango passes new tax on plastic bags (watchdog.org)
- Santa Fe may ban plastic grocery bags (krqe.com)